Focus Area: Staying the Course
Learning how to self-love is no small task. This is especially hard if you've been convinced that “me-time” is in the same circle as being selfish. But let's break this cycle.
Here are some intangible ways you can begin loving yourself.
- Believe that God truly loves YOU. That His love is not predicated on what you do for Him.
- Believe in self-affirmation. When you can affirm yourself, you don’t look for it from others.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This will get you nowhere. It’s impossible to be just like someone else. Instead, adopt the qualities you like in others as you continue to learn and develop yourself.
- Believe in yourself and don’t give up. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.
- Appreciate your life. We have been blessed with life. Live it to the fullest.
- Own your feelings, quirks and even insecurities. They are what makes you, you.
- Believe that if God is for you, no one can be against you (Romans 8:31).
What do you think about this list; is it something you can adopt? Are there any you may struggle with? Consider sharing your thoughts with Juanyta so she can help you walk through them.
Also, check out some tangible ways to love yourself.
Join Our Community: Submit Your Inspiration
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitution for diagnosis, treatment, or informed professional advice. If you are in a crisis or any other person may be in danger, use these resources to obtain immediate help.