Focus Area: Remove Your Obstacles
In part 1 you learned about Satan's personality, strengths and weaknesses. This time, let's strategically plan to defeat his lies!
The beauty of being a Christian is that we get to reap the benefits of what our Lord and Savior has done. You see, Jesus already defeated the Devil (Colossians 2:15), all you have to do is defeat his lies! Think it’s easier said than done? Let's see how easy it can be.
For each area you struggle - temptation, condemnation, etc., research and write down what God has to say about it. This way, when the situation comes up, you will have a scriptural reference as a reminder and an affirmation to go along with it.
Remember, Satan is the Father of Lies while God is truth (Numbers 23:19). Here is a proposed way to document this exercise.
- God is mad at me. I will forever be condemned. I cannot outrun my past.
- “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved” (John 3:17).
- “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more” (Hebrews 8:12).
- “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither past nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39).
- Devil you are a LIAR!!! God is not in the condemning business. He builds, not tears down. He is the light, not the darkness. God has forgiven me; therefore, I need to forgive myself. I will not focus on my past sins but will start building my relationship with Christ.
You see, Satan tries to attack on a daily basis. He is strategic and deliberate but now, so are you! With your plan in hand, let’s see how far he gets this time.
Praying for success on this tough journey. Please reach out if you continue to struggle. Juanyta can help you brainstorm some alternatives.
Join Our Community: Submit Your Inspiration
The information on this page is not intended to be a substitution for diagnosis, treatment, or informed professional advice. If you are in a crisis or any other person may be in danger, use these resources to obtain immediate help.